Author Topic: Musician seeking artist for collaborative performance project, Minute Taker NW  (Read 371 times)

Offline Showspace Admin

• Actors
  • Administrator
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • website
I’m a Manchester-based composer/performer and go under the name Minute Taker.  I’m currently looking for an artist to collaborate with on the live performance of a concept album I’m writing.  I’m hoping to find an artist who can depict elements of the story in a visual capacity to accompany the music which will be performed using piano, voice, drums, synths and a small string section.  The concept is centred around melancholia and the notion of the “tortured artist” being at the mercy of creative cycles which bring both creative highs and depressive ruts.  I’m really interested in working with an imaginative artist who can add an extra dimension to the story which will be told through the music and lyrics.  I’m open to suggestions as to how this is done; it could be through digital projections, shadow puppetry, video, photography, sketches, sand animation, physical theatre, or perhaps a mixture of several different art forms.  The development of the project will be reliant on Arts Council funding so there will be payment.   

A bit about my track record… I’m an independent artist and have released 2 albums to date which have led to features in Clash, The Guardian, Gay Times, Notion, The 405, Manchester Evening News and support from Tom Robinson (BBC 6 Music).  This year I composed and performed the soundtrack to an Arts Council funded dark stage musical called HOAX My Lonely Heart. Written by acclaimed cross-media author Ravi Thornton, the show premiered at Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre Studio in May with a 4 night sold out run.

My website is www.minutetaker.net if you would like to hear some examples of my previous work.

If you would like to discuss then please get in touch and if you could include a bit about your experience and any links to your work that would be ideal.