Author Topic: 16-17 Yrs Creative Apprenticeship in Community Arts, the Bluecoat - LIVERPOOL  (Read 540 times)

Offline Showspace Admin

• Actors
  • Administrator
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • website
12 months fixed-term apprenticeship

Salary £6,286.80 (£3.72 per hour)
•Are you aged 16 or 17?
•Do you have a passion for art, music, drama, dance, film or writing?
•Are you interested in working with children or people with learning disabilities?
•Have you been out of education, employment or training for the last six months?
•Do you want to get experience and gain qualifications?

If you answered “yes”, this could be the job for you!

The Bluecoat is Liverpool’s Centre for the Contemporary Arts. Our building is in Liverpool city centre and is almost 300 years old. We run an exciting programme of arts and heritage events and exhibitions and receive over 600,000 visits every year.

We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our Engagement unit. Our small team of Participation staff works with groups and individuals across Liverpool and Merseyside, supporting them to get involved in the arts.

“I met such lovely people this year, thank you for everything you have done for me. I learnt so much.”(a quote from our Creative Apprentice for 2013/14).

The Apprentice will spend half a day each week at the City of Liverpool College alongside other Creative Apprentices from the area, completing a Level 2 Award in Principles of the Creative and Cultural Sector and a Level 2 Certificate in Community Arts Administration.

Please note that this post is specifically for Liverpool residents aged 16 or 17 who have not been in education, employment or training since at least 1 April 2014. If you do not meet these criteria, we will be unable to employ you for this role.
•For more information please download the full job description and person specification from our website: www.thebluecoat.org.uk/content/about-jobs
•If you would like to talk to someone about this opportunity and find out more about it you can contact Laura Yates on 0151 702 5328 or Betty Ritchie on 0151 702 7759.
•To apply for this Apprenticeship download the Creative Apprentice application form from our website, complete it and email it to Laura Yates:laura.y@thebluecoat.org.uk

The closing date for application is 5pm on 27 October 2014.