Author Topic: Musician seeks Artist/Illustrator for Collaborative Project Sussex, Brighton  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Showspace Admin

• Actors
  • Administrator
  • Admin
    • View Profile
    • website
Greetings

I'm looking for someone to illustrate a mini comic/graphic novel for me to accompany my 4th album. I had an old school friend who illustrates for 2000AD amongst others who was initially interested but he has too much work on. The music and lyrics will provide the basis for the imagery and story. With up to 12 songs thats at least 12 strips/pages but these can be presented in many ways e.g full strip or large main image with mini strip etc

If your a typical musician/artist like me I'm sure money is tight so looking to collaborate with financial payback coming through sales of 500 limited edition vinyl albums although should be noted this happens at a trickle currently. For guaranteed payment then you could have a quantity of the albums but since I would fund the entire publication costs this would be reflected in the percentage. It's a collaborative and artistic gamble that benefits us both if it works, so we will need to have belief in each others abilities. Its hard breaking through nowadays so you can make a living from your art, maybe together we will have more success...

Best thing to do is check me out and see what you think. I am an artist and screen-printer but my style does not suit the vision for this project. Happy to send a free digital copy of my new and 2nd album so you can get a feel for my style.

This has my music, info and images:

www.rubenvine.com

Contains previous limited edition album releases, light-boxes, t-shirts etc:

www.articles-of-faith.co.uk

with love and faith

Ruben Vine x